Monday, May 30, 2011

Nothing Done

This holiday weekend was just chock-full-of-promise. I had grand plans to do all the things I haven't gotten around to doing since I've lived in this house. We just passed our fifth anniversary here and the walls in the living room are still stark-white with nail-holes and pencil marks from the last owners.

I've been debating the color I'd like to paint and when I walked into the paint store, I had 20-minutes to decide before they closed. Not being a spontaneous person, I relied upon the woman who worked there, whom I had never met, to help me decide the color to look at for the next five or ten years. The direction she pointed me in made perfectly-logical sense. It appealed to my sense of practicality, too. I wanted a sort of sand color so that the white-white trim would stand out. I also was tempted to go with the same yellowish color that was in my dining room. The color we came up with, though, was Benjamin Moore Corinthian White. I didn't see that one coming.

It's a creamier white than the white-white sample I used to make comparisons with. I liked it. And when I taped it to my living room wall and it darned near matched the white that currently exists there now. I about died. I wonder if I can take it back and have them add some other sort of tint to it. No. I'll paint it and it will look great, because no matter the color, that room needs some sort of sprucing up.

As you might be able to figure out from what I have written, I didn't get to the painting portion of my weekend. Nor did I get to the fence that I have wanted to put in to contain my dog. It would have been especially useful last night since he stole a bone from the neighbor and had diarrhea all night. I got up at 2am and then again at 3am and after that I put him on the deck. He proceeded to do his business in my strawberry planter and the herb garden. That's a sight to behold, let me tell you.

So, no painting and no fence. I did pack up and clean the living room in anticipation of painting and it looks a whole lot better than it had looked. I also got a lot of weed work done. We have a huge lot and quite a bit of it was covered in Scotch broom. My husband helped me and he almost never does. That was a treat.

I also wanted to sew, but that didn't happen either. And I didn't clean my room. Nor did I do my mountain of laundry. I can claim victory over watching a couple of movies that made me bawl my eyes out. The first one was Dan in Real Life and the other was The Fisher King. I also discovered a few shows on TV that I hadn't really seen before. One was My Name is Earl. I'm a latecomer to that one, but it was funny. Also, How It's Made and American Pickers.

On a side note, I heard a radio interview with Ed Norton and the interviewer referenced a few things about his life, to which he said that the guy must have gotten the information from IMDB because it was inaccurate.

So, here I am, Monday night, to do list relatively unchecked and a massive amount of disappointment that the time is over. Oh well, what are you going to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead and tell me what you think!