Thursday, June 23, 2011

Left Behind With The Girl I Left Behind Me

We belong to the neighborhood pool in the summers and my kids love to swim. I would prefer not to swim in chlorinated water, so I'm always relieved when my husband takes the kids so don't have to go. Yesterday when he took them, I practiced my violin. 

I'm working on the G-major scale and a tune called Girl I Left Behind Me. It's fun and I've made it more difficult by not writing in the fingerings. I'm trying to learn to sight-read better and it's been painful to muddle through tunes that I don't know. (My teacher is a saint!)

Somehow, I made a breakthrough while everyone was out of the house. I was so proud of myself and I got through the whole tune. It's funny how the little things buoy you up quite a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead and tell me what you think!